Absolutely Mobile: Developing Applications
(opens in a new window) The second professional development opportunity in this series is: Absolutely Mobile: Developing Applications Friday/Saturday, April 20/21, 2012, 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (Friday) and 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (Saturday), Bellevue College. There are two seats left. Register here (opens in a new window) .
What do you get for the $125 registration fee?
- Two-days of excellent instruction from Charlie Calvert, a Bellevue College Computer Science Instructor, and former Community Program Manager at Microsoft Corporation (opens in a new window)
- Breakfast, lunch, and a p.m. snack
- Curricular materials as well as textbook(s)
- An exciting give-away opportunity
- Note: Clock hours are available for our K-12 educators.
Faculty Audience: All disciplines
Prerequisites: Attendees should have basic understanding of using computer software, some experience writing code, whether it is creating simple HTML or XML documents, working with scripting languages, or working with strongly typed, general purpose languages such as C# or Java. You are welcome to attend even if you don’t have this kind of background, but you should be prepared to feel a bit at sea from time to time. You should do well if you can browse the web, handle email, and work with Office documents, such as Word and Excel.
Day One: Friday
- Session One: Mobile Impact
- Session Two: Hands On
- Session Four: Data in the Clouds
- Session Five: Hands On
Day Two: Saturday
This second day is designed as a deep dive into the more technical side of mobile computing. If you have a little experience with writing code, or want to find a way to learn how to begin, these sessions should be of interest.
- Session Seven: The Android SDK
- Summary: Review what we have learned about how to use mobile devices to access data.
Registrations will be accepted through Monday, April 9, 2012. Registration payments will not be refunded unless notified in writing by Monday, March 20, 2012.
Space is limited to 25 and the training will be cancelled if the registration target number is not reached by Monday, April, 2, 2012. In which case refunds would be issued.