WA State CTC IT Faculty Professional Development Training Scholarships for 2017-2018
The Center of Excellence for Information Technology Professional Development Training Scholarships for CTC IT Faculty across Washington State
The application process is now closed:
- Look for an update on the IT faculty professional development scholarship beginning July 1, 2018.
There will be presentations from IT faculty from the following colleges at the IT Futures Summit (May 18/19th – registration for that free event is open now):
- Bellevue College
- Bellingham Technical College
- Green River College
- Peninsula College
IT Professional Development must take place between October 5, 2017 and May 10, 2018.
For each deadline, IT faculty (professional/technical college programs) must submit the following to the Center, The IT professional development scholarship rationale. This must include:
- the type of training,
- what it will accomplish for the faculty member and students,
- how it will be incorporated into the faculty member’s IT program and/or curriculum, and
- what best practices, curriculum examples, and how to incorporate it into an IT program.
- The scholarship recipient will also commit to present at the IT Futures Summit on May 17-18, 2018 (held at the Mercer Island Community Center).
The following are examples of the types of IT professional development training opportunities IT faculty could consider, if they don’t already have a training opportunity in mind.
- IBM’s THINK 2018, March 19-22, 2018, Las Vegas, NV (opens in a new window)
- Red Hat Summit, May 8-10, 2018, San Francisco, CA (opens in a new window) (Registrations open in early 2018)
- Microsoft Ignite, 2018 (Dates not finalized), USA (opens in a new window)
NOTE: Online or local in-person training is also an option for those who don’t want to attend a professional development or training conference.
Once each of the deadlines have passed the Center and advisory board members will review the IT Professional Development Training Scholarship rationale. Up to ten WA State CTC IT faculty will be selected and informed. Those not selected will also be notified, and their application rationale will be held for the next deadline for consideration. If any IT faculty member selected can’t commit to the training, then another faculty member will be selected.
Please be sure your rational includes the following specific information:
- Full Time/Part Time?
- What IT program of study do you teach?
- What is the proposed IT professional development opportunity you would like to attend or take?
- Why would this enhance your teaching and how would you immediately use it in your classroom, or if not immediately, when?
- What is the cost of the registration or training?
- Gas/Airfare/Car Rental? Or, is this not applicable?
- Hotel? Or, is this not applicable?
- Can you commit to presenting for 30-minutes at the IT Futures Summit, May 17-18, 2018 at the Mercer Island Community Center, on what you learned, how it can be used in the classroom/program/curriculum, and how you’ve infused it into your IT program?
- Your college is aware that you are applying for this scholarship and will support your attendance if you are selected as an IT Professional Development recipient.
Please send your rationale and the specific information requested to Maureen Majury, Center Director at email@example.com.