Creating IT Futures: 2018 Summit
CREATING IT FUTURES: 2018 SUMMIT (May 17-18, 2018 free for IT CTC faculty)
You are invited…
Who: Up to three IT CTC Faculty from each college (Note: Travel costs will be allocated upon delivery of receipts for hotel, meals outside of the Summit, gas for mileage, or other transportation costs for faculty from Central, Eastern, North and South Western Washington traveling more than 50 miles to attend. This is to encourage attendance and engagement at this event and select IT industry professionals.)
If you want to send more than three educators from your college, please contact the Center at maureen.majury@bellevuecollege or call 425.564.4229.
What: Will be happening? Participants will experience presentations, network, and address any issues discussed at the the May 2017 Summit (held at the Mercer Island Community & Event Center), including:
- Updates on CoE project and services,
- Update on the IT statewide marketing plan,
- An industry panel,
- IT Faculty Scholarship Recipient Presentations,
- Machine Learning and Robotics Presentation,
- New topics for discussion, including SBCTC updates, new BAS degrees,
- IT Jeopardy 2018 (Who will triumph?) And, yes, after a question is correctly answered, the next question is up for grabs for any of the three groups,
- Connections with industry professionals about the state of the IT (and, IT-enabled) industry,
- and, more…
The draft agenda can be found here (opens in a new window) Posted April 2018.
Where: Mercer Island Community & Event Center (opens in a new window) , 8236 SE 24th Street, Mercer Island, WA 98040/tel (206) 275-7609, The Mercer Room.
When: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Thursday, May 17, 2018 & 10:0 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Friday, May 18, 2018
Why: Everyone has worked very hard to collaborate and create solutions that make it easier for IT faculty and students access and succeed in completing an IT program of study in the CTC system and enter the workforce prepared to meet employer needs. We need to continue our collective work together and explore and create new innovative solutions for our system.