IT Skills Standards Summit – April 23-25
Update: The Summit is currently at capacity, register to join the wait list (opens in a new window) .
The IT Skill Standards Summit is coming to Washington April 23-25, 2024.
Please join us at Bellevue College for this free (travel stipend included!), hands-on, interactive workshop. Attendees will learn how to develop and leverage a future-facing set of skill standards for any technical discipline.
College faculty and administrators will learn how to maximize advisory committee participation to create technical programs that keep up with changing industry demands.
- Understand the elements of the BILT (Business and Industry Leadership Team) Model and the skill standards development cycle
- Discuss strategies for recruiting subject matter experts
- Practice preparing and hosting SME meetings to prioritize in-demand job skills and KPIs
- Convert the job skills into student learning outcomes
- Workshop implementing skill standard materials into curriculum
- Develop mentored “action plans” for next steps
Travel expenses will be reimbursed via stipend. Participating schools must send at least two people: one faculty member and one administrator.
To learn more (and to register to attend), visit: https://connectedtech.org/itss-summits-2024/ (opens in a new window)