IT Faculty Professional Development
We are now accepting applications for IT Faculty Professional Development Awards. Please apply by December 31, 2023.
Awards will be made for activities occurring between January 15, 2024 and May 31, 2024.
The Center of Excellence for Information & Computing Technology provides professional development funding for IT faculty from Washington’s community and technical colleges to enhance instructional capabilities and bring new tools and technologies into the classroom.
Please review these guidelines carefully before applying.
- Full- and part-time IT faculty from Washington’s community and technical colleges are eligible to apply
- Eligible IT programs include: information technology/information systems, software and application development, network and systems administration, cybersecurity, IT service/support, web/game design and development, database management/administration, programming, data analytics, computer science, etc.
- Eligible activities may include: conference registration, trainings, short courses or certifications, books/course materials, one-year subscriptions, tools/equipment, and more.
- Funded activities must be paid and reimbursed by May 31, 2024. Any awards not paid by that time will be considered void and applicants would need to reapply in future award cycles.
- If your activity can not be purchased/paid by the May 31 deadline, please apply in a future award cycle (e.g. conference registrations that do not open until after May 31).
- The maximum individual award for 23-24 is $1,500.
- If awarded, any costs above the awarded amount are the responsibility of the individual and/or their college.
- Awardees must submit an itemized invoice and receipts in order to be reimbursed.
- We do NOT fund: general scholarships, travel expenses, faculty stipends or release time, activities unrelated to information technology, or activities without demonstrated positive impact on programs/students.
Application & Selection Process
- Applicants must indicate that they have support from their Dean to participate in the activity
- Applications that emphasize positive impacts on underserved students will be prioritized
- Applications must be received within the deadlines listed below
- Funds will not be awarded for activities that have already taken place or expenses already incurred (before award date of January 12th); please plan carefully and take note of deadlines when applying
- Applications will be reviewed by COE staff and all applicants will be notified of decision
- All award decisions are made by the COE and its Advisory Board
Dates & Deadlines for 2023-2024
- Application deadline: Sunday, December 31, 2023
- Notification of awards: Friday, January 12, 2024
- Eligible activities: Must occur between January 15, 2024 and May 31, 2024
- All payments and reimbursements need to be completed by May 31, 2024